Q: What are the advantages of this CSA?
- In this age where people have become disconnected from their food source that is often more than a thousand miles away, this is a chance to connect with a family farm within the area.
- With our 32 years of experience, we know what types of produce most people like on a regular basis. We also know what produce people are less likely to buy. For example, cabbage is shown on our graph from mid-June through October. Yet we know, as sweet and good as it is, that you probably won't want cabbage each week. We are counting on the blog on this website to be your way of letting us know what you would like to see more or less of.
- Research shows we can enhance our health by eating more vegetables. When you get a box each week, you will be more inclined to eat more vegetables than if you had to go out and find your vegetable supply each week.
- Because you prepaid, you won't have to scramble for cash each week at a vegetable stand. The box each week will feel a little like...Christmas!!
Q: What happens if I am gone for a week?
- If that is the case, it is best to find a family member or friend to come and get your box. You might excite them to the fresh-eating splendor of CSA!!
Q: What if I don't know how to use an item in my box?
- You will receive an email the day before your box arrives. The email will let you know what to expect in your box as well as offer uses for that vegetable. Plus, our website will be loaded with recipes. In addition, we are hoping the website blog unites us all in your stories of how to savor the flavor at Bluebird Gardens! A common complaint we hear about CSA's is the many unrecognizable items in the box each week. Using our 32 years of experience, we plan to stock each box primarily with the items we know most people want.
Q: What if I forget my box?
- We will send an email reminder the day before your box arrives. You might want to mark the delivery dates on your calendar. You could also put a sticky note on the steering wheel. (That's what I do when I need to remember something!)
Q: Will all the items on the "what to expect" graph come every week?
- Probably not. We don't want to overwhelm you with too many vegetables each week. Yet we will make sure you more than get your money's worth. We will keep track of what you get each week and try to make a variety in each box that will please you. Also, it will depend on which vegetables we have a quality supply of. For example, radishes are shown on the graph from June through October. We will do normal radishes as long as they are of good quality and resume with fall radishes such as Daikon in the fall. We are trying to extend the season on each vegetable, so we hope to pleasantly surprise you with produce that's not on the graph.
Q: How do we know we can trust you to deliver the boxes?
- We have been in business serving our great customers since 1978. Our mission is to please you with our very best. We want you back next year!
- When CSA Members buy a stake in the farm, they become shareholders of that farm, which entitles them to the bounty of the farm as well as the risk. Once the season has begun, the CSA member will not be eligible for a refund. However, before the season begins, any CSA member may back out at any time and get an 80% refund. The twenty percent down payment is not refunded since that is already buying seeds for next year.